Is the Zed stereo wiring similar to any other Nissan model?

toffeeman

I'm after one of them steering wheel adapters to allow my steering wheel buttons to work with a JVC head unit. I've found a number of Nissan specific units but no mention of the Zed. I was wondering if the Zeds wiring is the same as another current Nissan model so that I could use an adapter for another Nissan. I know manufacturers share parts within models to keep costs down so I'm hoping my lucks in. The links below show the ones I've found so far in the £30 range.

Clicky 1

Clicky 2

I've seen the threads with programmable unit from the states but I don't want to use one of them if possible.

some use the nissan micra parts.

a search should help

:teeth: You have no idea how much searching I've been doing this last week!! I've pretty much exhausted info on both sides of the atlantic now. A PAC SWI-JACK is the only way ahead for me now. The Micra parts you mention is the ISO lead which I already have.

Was just about to say the PAC SWI-JACK will be the way forward. From what I have searched there is no specific Nissan/350z leads you can use, only the SWI-JACK and teach it the inputs. I'm going to get one eventually, but funds are short atm and other parts have a higher priority atm.

Was just about to say the PAC SWI-JACK will be the way forward. From what I have searched there is no specific Nissan/350z leads you can use, only the SWI-JACK and teach it the inputs. I'm going to get one eventually, but funds are short atm and other parts have a higher priority atm.

Chris,

For info, the only UK PAC distributor is InCarTec in Hampshire and they sell it for £49 + £3 P+P. You can get one from the states via eBay for approx £23 + £6 P+P. I'm just waiting for my PayPal account to clear my fund transfer and one will be mine. :teeth:

Craig.