Clutch Fluid Replacement 370z

ross27

Ive owned my 370z for around 4 weeks now, and in that time ive not been too impressed with the clutch. One time i was giving it some beans, i ended up with the clutch pedal loosing pressure and struggling to come back up. (I fear i may have the CSC problems i read about on the US forums)

After that happened i check the clutch fluid, and it was on the minimum line, so i planned to do a full flush.

The stuff in the reservoir was thick and black, and didnt look like it had been changed in the cars lifetime (2010, 32k). This morning i nipped down to Halfrauds and got a bottle of Mobil Dot4, and with the assistance of my Dad, i bled the system out.

Started by sucking out the fluid from the reservoir, then jacking up the car and locating the bleed nipple. This is on the passenger side of the transmission, and has a small rubber cap on it. You need an 8mm spanner to loosen.

This video shows the exact proceedure i follwed:

I must have done around 14 cycles untill i was happy with the fluid coming out. To compare, i poured some of the new stuff in a bottle!

Take a look at yours, and if it is very dark, i suggest you replace it! I also lowered the clutch pedal and the difference is very noticeable! :)

20140316_152306_zpsjijxg2rn.jpg

20140316_152511_zpsrupengv8.jpg

• Like 2