Pioneer HU and Incartec Facia

Beavis

Just fitted a new head unit (Pioneer BT8400) but I am finding the HU fouls the upper part of the facia when opening. Anyone else had similar problems or is there an alternative or better facia better suited for use with a pioneer head unit?

DSC_0111_zps3bb5ce2a.jpg

DSC_0115_zps760bf90e.jpg

I had exactly the same problem with the same head unit and fascia in my car. I didn't fit the head unit myself, instead I was lazy and got the audio shop to do it. The shop tried many things 1. filing bits off the inside lip of the fascia 2. elongating the holes in the brackets that hold the sides of the head unit so the unit sat further forward when installed 3. A different fascia.

What worked In the end was 2 x 5mm thick washers under the brackets above the he unit. So... above of the headunit, under the cubby hole, there are two screws that screw through the headunit bracket and into the dash, place a 5mm thick washer behind each of these brackets and then refit the unit and you should be sorted.

Apologies if the above doesn’t make much sense. If you need clarity then let me know and I’ll find a way of explaining it better. This was done on a facelift car but I'm hoping it's pretty much the same on pre facelift.

BTW congrats on the headunit, it is very good.

Edited by Azure350z