Microphone hands free

Harryjax

Has any one had trouble with the microphone on the hand free.

When I make or receive call people can't hear me very well.

Is there anything I can adjust?

It just seems to be phone calls as the voice activation on the connect premium all works fine with no issues. :shrug:

Mine used to be the same.......it got to the point that I stopped connecting the phone to it

I started re-using it about 12months ago - and for some reason it's working fine now ......... Go figure !!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I find the microphone on mine to be terrible. Sounds okay upto around 40mph, but on the motorway there is no point in me taking any calls as the other end cnnot make out anything i say!

I have had the microphone out and relocated it to the driverside of the light cluster, but it made little difference.

Next possibility is to get some Dynamat and try to apply it on the roof above the microphone, and maybe some padding/insulatins stuffed around it above the headlining. Not sure how much difference it will make!!

Check its been fitted on the drivers side! My one in the roadster was aimed at the passenger!

Works fine up-to about 40mph roof down and unto about 80mph with roof up.

Most of the time I find myself leaning forward and shouting at it most of the time. On the whole its crap due to ambient road noise in the 370z.

Up where the map reading lights are, you will see three small slits either side of the light buttons.

My mic was on the passenger side, so i opened it up and moved it to the drivers side. Still no great improvement.