Staggers wheel size's

Kristian

Hi all,

Just a quick question that has got me thinking, has any got 18 inch wheels at the front and 19 inch wheels at the rear?

I was looking into the nismo 350z and apparently it runs 245/40/18 on the front and 265/35/19 on the rear.

Does anyone know if this has any advantages or does anyone run these type of tyre sizes and noticed a benefit in handling/traction ect than running just 18's or 19's on the front and rear.

As it was the track edition in the US that was fitted with 18 front and 19 rear, possibly nissan know something that we don't.

Else could be it just looks better.

No doubt it'll be something to do with the initial turn in feel, different side wall size.

Yep, Im running 18s on front and 19s on the back, Ive had to unplug the VDC though as it doesnt like it much - 255/30/18 front and 275/35/19 on rear IIRC. It feels like it handles better than 18's all round, the front is very good for traction but it can be light at the back when braking, it tries to swap ends quite a lot ;)

I did it for aesthetics as much as anything, I might buy some cheap 18's for the rear as replacing the 19's every two trackdays is killing me though :yuck: