Bose Line In and Mute for Sat Nav

Daaave

Guys,

I have searched and seen lots of people saying that the Bose headunit doesn't have a line in, but when I bought my car it already had an "Ipod cable" wired into the cubby hole (without going out to look again, it's something like a 3.5mm jack)... So I don't own an Ipod, but I'm guessing this is a direct connection to the head unit.

Will I be able to use this with a Sat Nav unit (Tom Tom or whatever) to get the directions spoken through the Bose speakers, rather than the crappy little speaker on the nav unit?

Also is there anyway to wire into the mute function that the bluetooth phone uses? Then the music and voice aren't fighting with each other.

Cheers for your help,

D.

if someone has just hooked up an aux-in to the bose headunit then you will have to switch the bose to TAPE to hear anything from that line.. so you couldnt listen to CD/Radio and have the sat nav interrupt or overlay it...

if someone has just hooked up an aux-in to the bose headunit then you will have to switch the bose to TAPE to hear anything from that line.. so you couldnt listen to CD/Radio and have the sat nav interrupt or overlay it...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it all makes sense now...

When I bought the car there was a tape in the head unit, forgotten by the previous owner I thought. Well that is until I looked at it, labelled "Beethoven's Symphony Number 6", I thought it was a **** take. But there was also no tape in it...

So the only device I have to connect to the jack to test it is my girlfriends little digital dictator thing, tested it with the tape carcass and now I know I have a line in of sorts, even if it's not on a dedcated aux input. Hardly ideal though, a choice of music or sat nav.

The other thing I've thought of is a bluetooth connection. If I paired the sat nav with the Zeds phone bluetooth I wonder if it would output the voice via the phone system...? Any ideas folks?

Thanks,

D.

ah yes - you need a fake tape in their so the tape playing mechanism is fooled into thinking its working..

wrt bluetooth.. I would assume that the phone has to send certain codes to the car to tell it to mute cd and play the phonecall, doubt a satnav sends the same signals.. but never tried that so maybe!