Engine bay spraying

japcarsbrett

Hello everyone,

I have been wanting to spray the top of my inlet a nice shiny silver colour like the one pictured below, can someone tell me what high temp paint will work on this and where to get it from? oh and did anyone use lacquer to bring out the shine more and if so where did you get the high temp lacquer from and did you use primer as well?

Thanks

P.S who ever's engine bay this is it looks well lush i can't remember where i got this picture from it was some time ago, but it looks lovely :)

P1010426_zps34132c1b.jpg

Edited by japcarsbrett

Hi mate,

I've just ordered some VHT paint today for a project on another part of the engine - I'm spraying the rocker covers. Just search VHT paint on ebay. You can get the primer, enamel and lacquer etc. I think the main UK distributors are Jim Woolfe Racing and US Automotive - they both sell on ebay.

I'm no expert but I guess these would be the things to go for. I think some people get their powder coated in order to get the perfect finish.

Good luck! :)

There's a post on how to paint the upper plennum on www.my350Z.com ,I can't remember the exact link but a search will find it. It goes through the complete process from start (removing oxidation from upper plennum to finish (what to use to prep the surface before applying primer and paint. I've a feeling there's a post on this site as well somewhere.

Failing that, get Wasso to polish up your plennum.

Edited by samsniss350z