Driving abroad

H5

Am taking the Zed across to Europe, have searched the site and can't find a thread I seem to remember about what you need when travelling there? I've got hi-vis jacket stuck in my head for some reason :wacko:

Anyone know what is essential for the trip?

Am taking the Zed across to Europe, have searched the site and can't find a thread I seem to remember about what you need when travelling there? I've got hi-vis jacket stuck in my head for some reason :wacko:

Anyone know what is essential for the trip?

Hi viz jacket only in Spain, just watch the cops near Calais their red hot on speeding, cost me £90 last time I was over there :rant:

I'm going to Spain in October and will be driving there. Anyone know of a website that can give me the basics of how their road system works, signs, roadmarkings etc?

You'll be OK out there Digsy , they drive a lot better than we do :) just be careful in towns where you go ;as some of the street are hardly wide enough for big cars, ( yes I went in a S class Merc once :blush: )

Am going to see what Bruges is like in the summer. Spent a New Year there and it was amazing. With Eurotunnel now doing their short trip ticket over two days, it can be as little as £40 return for a car over the weekend. Bargain! :)

I went there last summer for two nights. It was ok but nothing to get excited over, depends on what you are looking for really.

Am going to see what Bruges is like in the summer. Spent a New Year there and it was amazing. With Eurotunnel now doing their short trip ticket over two days, it can be as little as £40 return for a car over the weekend. Bargain! :)

I went there last summer for two nights. It was ok but nothing to get excited over, depends on what you are looking for really.

Good food, good beer and a good rest. :thumbs:

Should be ok then :)

It wasn't bad, it was nice but there was nothing to make me go back.

Will probably try somewhere else in Belgium next time.

Should be ok then :)

It wasn't bad, it was nice but there was nothing to make me go back.

Will probably try somewhere else in Belgium next time.

If you like moated old cities with more history than most other countries, then it's good. If not, then you will see nothing of interest.

Only advice for the rest of Belgium - avoid Gent. There is nothing there. Really. Nothing.