clutch problem,

tokai1

Hi, I bought my car last week 05 350z gt with 34500 miles, when i got it clutch was ok a bit snatchy on take off but i thought i just needed to get used to it, i was out a couple of nights ago having a bit of fun and did a couple of fast starts from lights! now the clutch is making a noise when i push pedal down there is a slight noise and when i lift off same??? I was driving in traffic yesterday and its hard work starting and stopping and going from 1st to 2nd is a little snatchy rest of the gears are fine once i get going,not sure if they are all like that or it has a problem any ideas???

( bought from independent dealer with 3 mths warranty engine and gearbox)

1st to 2nd gear can be a bit notchy on the Zeds and especially worse when it's cold.

I wouldn't have thought though that your clutch was going just yet given the mileage of your Zed unless it has been abused a lot. Eg Burnouts/doughnuts/drag starts etc

I had the gearbox oil changed just recently for genuine Nissan gearbox oil and had Molyslip added at the same time which has improved my gearbox gear changes greatly. http://www.h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=25501

Cheers Will, i just found a post explaining my problem pretty much to a T, so I,ll get it in to my mechanic and have him change gearbox oil and some molyslip maybe clutch fluid too!!