Double Din fitting advice - 370Z - Now fitted!

370Ad

Was happily going to fit a double din sat nav unit into the new 70 but after reading up on some guides from the US I am finding it hard to source the right parts.

From what I have read so far I need the wiring loom and steering wheel controls. Anyone know of UK suppliers for these?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated! I did the 50 so hoping it will be similar.

Edited by 370Ad

Mine is going into the audio shop next Wednesday.

The parts needed are:

Pioneer Avic F950DAB

Pioneer DAB Antenna

Stalk Control Interface

Amplifier Interface

Aerial Adaptor

Facia

Labour

• 2 weeks later...

Picked the car up yesterday and I am very impressed. Sound quality has dramatically increased.

I chose the more expensive facia (soft touch like rest of the car) and I am so glad I did. Fits like a glove and looks factory (ish)

Steering wheel controls all work and the unit is very quick to start. The traffic management is also very handy :D

IMG_1792_zps58267fb3.jpg

IMG_1789_zps1644a52b.jpg

IMG_1790_zps0cb7c5e3.jpg

IMG_1791_zpsb7a63ff3.jpg

Edited by 370Ad
  • Like 2

that looks great B) speakers next ?

The standard Bose speaker/sub/amp package seems a lot better than the 50 so might just leave it as it is for now.

Need to stop spending money on it really....;)

The standard Bose speaker/sub/amp package seems a lot better than the 50 so might just leave it as it is for now.

Need to stop spending money on it really.... ;)

mine sounds good but having looked at the speakers they are rubbish and makes me wonder what it could sound like, the doors have 6x9" speakers and feel they could give better bass

was you're alignment out by much ? - spotted the other thread :thumbs:

Edited by GIXXERUK

mine sounds good but having looked at the speakers they are rubbish and makes me wonder what it could sound like, the doors have 6x9" speakers and feel they could give better bass

Do you still have the standard HU? Think it only gives out 12 watts RMS power were as the pioneer gives out 22. Probably your best bet over the speakers initially.

Toe was out at the front and rear right but also the rear left camber was almost a degree more than rear right.

Mine was one owner from new and he has never had the alignment done only put 2 sets of new tyres on. At 1K for 4 I wanted to make sure I was getting the most out of them!

Edited by 370Ad

Do you still have the standard HU? Think it only gives out 12 watts RMS power were as the pioneer gives out 22. Probably your best bet over the speakers initially.

Toe was out at the front and rear right but also the rear left camber was almost a degree more than rear right.

Mine was one owner from new and he has never had the alignment done only put 2 sets of new tyres on. At 1K for 4 I wanted to make sure I was getting the most out of them!

got the connect premium which is great as an oem unit and intergrates the ac and lots of other features, so i wouldn't look to change it mate, maybe the amp and speakers at some point :thumbs:

agree about the alignment and the cost of tyres, did it feel a bit twitchy before ?

got the connect premium which is great as an oem unit and intergrates the ac and lots of other features, so i wouldn't look to change it mate, maybe the amp and speakers at some point :thumbs:

agree about the alignment and the cost of tyres, did it feel a bit twitchy before ?

Ahhh yes much harder to change connect premium/sat nav model.

It didn't feel twitchy exactly just not as precise as the 50. When the road was cambered it would crab a little too.

I imagine some people wouldn't notice but I need my steering wheel dead straight ;)