Metallic Rattling

delz0r

Hi Guys,

I have a metallic high pitched rattling sort of sound coming from the inside rear area and another from the middle dash area.

The sound is only there when driving over relatively uneven country roads.I've taken apart most of the rear of the car and have still not found the culprit. I'm not sure where to start with the dash rattle. Anyone have any ideas where I should be looking? or how to diagnose it.

Edited by delz0r

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem with mine at the moment, coming from NSR suspension strut by the sound of it.

Stripped it out and replaced the shrivelled gasket with a new rubber one that I made, regreased and reinstalled. And the problem is still there.

Next may be to replace the top mount bushings with the KYB SM5482 kit but I'm not sure if this is the necessary fix :shrug:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm thats a little disappointing :( my noise is definitely coming from the rear strut though. Jumping up and down in a stripped boot with a firm ear to the rear brace confirms that.

Is your noise anything like this?

Just had a good listen to your video there. No my issue is a high pitches metallic squeek.

• Like 1

Yeah the one in the rear is a almost mouse squeak sound and the dashboard one is a very high pitched rattle.

I think I've found where the dashboard one is coming from, I just have to get some time to fix it.