JDM Bose to UK Bose swap?

The Seasider

Did search first - apologies if this old stuff.

Just bought a 2005 JDM 350z/fairlady with a Bose headunit.

It's got a frequency expander on it so you can receive UK fm stations but all the frequencies are wrong on the display and it is likely to challenge both mine and my good lady's patience....so, on the basis that I can source a UK Bose at a reasonable cost, will it just swap over? Or is all the wiring incompatable? If the wiring is different is there an ISO connector that will resolve the problem?

Thanks guys

No problem the Bose units are known to play up ie skip CDs and jump and u can't get parts for them if the do this u need to get a recon one or something new , put a wanted add on here but check they have removed it and unpaired it with there ECU or it wand work in any other car,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Briggsybriggs1

• 3 weeks later...

This is coming up my list of priorities now, so, whilst I hear what is being said about going aftermarket...can anyone confirm - preferably with the benefit of experience - if the uk headunit will just swap with the jdm one using the original connector blocks or do you need some adapters? If you need adapters - does anyone know the serial number? Just for the record the jdm which the uk hu will be fitted to does not have sat nav.