350Z HKS intake

ianboom

Hi, for sale is a HKS induction system removed from my '54 plate UK 350Z. It has been replaced with a standard air filter box to keep my insurance company happy!!

It's obviously used, but I don't know how old it is.

Being 100% honest, the intake pipe has been rubbing somewhere as shown in the second photo.Not sure whereit was rubbing as there is nothing above it that can rub??

The aluminium heat shield has a slight crease in it near the top right hand allen screw in the third photo.

The brackets and the bottom of the filter gauze have some slight surface rust and the filter could do with replacing (apparently £15-£20 from ebay)

As stated the intake is used as sold as seen. Any more info, please contact me. Can be collected from Solihull area.

£120 including post.

Thanks, Ian.

IMG_20140226_193936.jpg

IMG_20140226_193949.jpg

IMG_20140226_194040.jpg

IMG_20140226_194053.jpg

2014-02-24154201.jpg

Mod Edit: Moved to 350 Parts for sale

Did that air filter make any difference in performance? Sound nice?

Performance feels the same, but i've only had the standard airbox on for a day. To be honest, if there was +/- 3 bhp i wouldn't be able to tell!

Think the hks was a little noisier when you revved the car, but again it's only been off a day and i don't rev the car that high very often to tell, also have the stereo turned up loud most of the time!v

Sorry that's not much help, may be wortj asking somebody who has driven with and without a hks system longer than i have?

Ian.

How dirty is the filter? Can't they just be cleaned?

The inside of the filter is clean so it is still filtering ok, but the outside is quite dirty, if i kept it i'd change it for the sake of £15.

I read up on them and most people say not to clean them.

The photo of the filter makes it look loads worse, the pick in the engine bay is better!

Ian.

Edited by ianboom