Non GT interior to GT interior

-Bradders-

Hi all,

I know it's probably been asked a thousand times and i did use the search function as i know how annoying these re-posts can be but I'm after a 350, it has no cruise control or any controls on the steering wheel for that matter (non GT) how hard/easy is it to retrofit the controls/wiring from a GT wheel onto a non gt steering wheel? i know on my previous cars, a lower spec usually has the wiring hidden in the loom somewhere but is this the case on the zeds?

thanks in advance,

Brad.

From what I can see online, models later than 06 have some hope in getting CC, since their ECU is better equipped to deal with it, but it is not an easy job at all, and will require a fair bit of "messing about" behind the wheel and with the pedals with dodgey wiring, etc. IMO, unless you are DESPERATE for cruise control, it seems a bit pointless! I only use it when on the M25, or in a average speed zone.... have tried it elsewhere but on roads where there aren't average speed cameras.... Its a lot more fun just to drive a car the way nature intended

In terms of stereo controls, they would be achievable, and are a lot more simple since you'll only need to be communicating with the stereo setup as opposed to the car's essential electronic systems!

Here is one guy's success story/guide on how he added stereo controls

http://my350z.com/forum/body-interior-exterior-and-lighting-diy/77855-diy-for-steering-wheel-removal-and-steering-wheel-audio-control-unit-install.html