Zed wanted! 04-06??

Markyk14

Hi guys! so im lookin at buying my first zed! Very excited!! Searchin and searchin through the web and im not coming up with much (high milage or out of my price range) i have 6k and could maybe push to 6.5 if the car is right, and im looking for a black or silver GT (although i will consider others apart from the orange/gold) with as low milage as poss! Im guessing anything between 60-90k seems about average for this money!? Willing to travel for the right zed :) fingers crossed somethin pops up guys!! ðŸ˜

Don't be put off by mileage too much. Service history counts for more!

Thanks buddy, this has been a wondering of mine... I know the engines are good for 200k but was jus concered lil bit bout transmittion and clutches etc i presume most zeds close to 100k should have had a clutch/flywheel done?

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/79068-azure-fairlady-z-uk-spec-upgrades/

If you close your eyes, you could imagine it being any of the colors you prefer? lol

Just in your price range, and arguably the best spec'd for the money?

I do like your car pal and the blue is ok too! No history jus scares me a bit matey and as im a newbie modded cars make me think they have been thrashed (nothin personal to you or your car tho mate) you might well have not!

Thanks buddy, this has been a wondering of mine... I know the engines are good for 200k but was jus concered lil bit bout transmittion and clutches etc i presume most zeds close to 100k should have had a clutch/flywheel done?

Clutches are funny as There's no particular mileage they will go. I think it depends a lot on how they have been driven. What I'm saying is that you could just as easily have a clutch go on a 40k car as a 90k car. Checking the clutch when you test drive is all you can go on really. A clutch, flywheel and labour will set you back in the region of £900. It is recommended to do fly with clutch. All that said, don't worry unless the clutch is slipping.

Clutches are funny as There's no particular mileage they will go. I think it depends a lot on how they have been driven. What I'm saying is that you could just as easily have a clutch go on a 40k car as a 90k car. Checking the clutch when you test drive is all you can go on really. A clutch, flywheel and labour will set you back in the region of £900. It is recommended to do fly with clutch. All that said, don't worry unless the clutch is slipping.

I agree pal! Yea i read somewhere that ya wont get much change from 1k on a clutch n flywheel!! Ouchy!! I might test drive a couple and as ya said check the history is complete etc! What in your opinion is best method to test a clutch? 3rd gear idle stalling test? Or dropping the gear whilst driving? Thanks buddy :)

I know, I can see the worry, but with the few imports I have owned the service history is missing.

you can tell the quality of the car by the way its been looked after

Totally agree man! If yours was closer to my preferance id prob come n have a mooch pal, all the best with the sale tho dude :)

Third gear low revs, up a slight incline if you can. Could also park on hill, set handbrake and try pulling away with handbrake on. Just be aware that zed's naturally have a high biting point so that won't be a sign of clutch on way out. Also there is sometimes a very slight judder pulling away. That's normal too

Hi, just to give you an idea I bought my 53 plate uk car silver gt with rays a couple of months back for 6k and it's only got 44k with fsh so there are cars out there just need to wait for the right one, good luck with the search.

I viewed a few Zeds with 60 and 70k on the clock. Both priced over 6K. Both dogs with limited history etc. Ended up buying an 04 Black Zed GT with full nissan service history and 117, 000 miles.

Don't let mileage put you off. They aren't Mazda RX8s. They have a big engine that can take big miles.

I paid £4550. That's 2K less than what lesser mileage examples were being offered at! Goes like murder and runs like a dream. Love it!

Sounds like your having fun @jammer!! And good find at 35k!!! ðŸ˜

Thanks Darren thats reassuring to know! I must admit i have overlooked high milage zeds over the past few weeks! I know they can be good for 200k but as mentioned by Harmlu and yourself good service history must count for alot :) !!

Way I see it mate a neglected Z with 10, 000 miles on the clock can blow up just as likely as a 200, 000 mile car that's been looked after. It's down to luck alot of the time lol

If you can find a low miles full history car you'll have the best of both worlds. Also don't let NON Nissan history put you off either as I've found out via this forum Nissan dealers have a bit of a bad rep.

Mine has full Nissan history and alot of people have said start going Indy as they are actually better than Nissan lol