Centre Console Upgrade

Thursto

First post guys, so I'll start with the basics. Just bought a 350z GT4 (#4) and looking to give it a few subtle and tasteful upgrades. Nothing too ridiculous.

I'm looking to do something with the centre console. My plan is to put in a small tablet which will be 3G capable so I can use it as a sat nav and download apps which will be appropriate.

Looking for some advice as I'm anticipating a few stumbling blocks.

First off my centre console when opened does not fold in. So it won't look right if I put on the tablet. How do I sort this. Can I build a slider without too much difficulty? Would it be possible to buy a console with this already done?

Second is really the installation of the tablet . I'm not keen on putting in a new stereo as I think they can sometimes look a but out of place. Would I be able to link the tablet to the stereo so it plays through the speakers? How would I do this?

Any ideas on how best to do this would be appreciated!

I am doing this now, you can "build something" but I would just search around and try to get sat nav cubby like rocking horse poop but you cane find them then the top door will go inside.

I would suggest getting your console "dipped" speak to vlad on here, he currently has mine and is working on it for me, some great end results, main reason for doing this is because the normal console gets scuffed easily, end result after dipping is amazing.

With regards to table, most 7in will do. A few have used nexus, nooks and I am using a 7in windows ce tablet with gps, won't be putting it together till I get my console back wch won't be for a few weeks but will post pics once done. That said a number of others have lots of pics on here of the same thing

Thanks for the tips. I'll try and buy a sat nav centre console and install it a tablet into that. Really like the carbon dips in the thread you linked. Great value and looks great. Might keep my eyes out for the next meet near me as I'd like to see what other members have done and maybe nick a few ideas if I like what I see!

Any ideas on whether I can link the tablet to the speakers so I can play music straight through the tablet. Without buying a new radio as I'm not a fan of after market radios. I know the oem radio doesn't have an aux so might not have a choice for this to work :/