Anyone got a 2007 Model Yet? Nissan Finance

KS2006

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has taken ownership of a 2007 model (the new 'bulge') one.

If so how are you finding it?

Did you use Nissan finance - if so how good a rate was it?

How long did it take from order to delivery?

Any discount at all when you bought?

Can you take the extended warranty out at any period within the 3 years (assuming nissan service history etc).?

After much pondering I will hopefully be deciding 1st 2 weeks in August for a new car (I still have my shortlist S2000,350z,Z4,TT - gonna try an Elise/Exige but I doubt my dicky leg will help).

I was originally going to borrow a little from my bank but I'm tempted if the rates are good from dealer finance to potentially drop the £30k on a brand spanking new 57 plate 350Z. I wasn't fussed about leather but would like cruise & the beefier stereo - catch 22 :(

Tis probably the only time I will be able to afford to spend this much and I've never owned a new car before due to the obvious depreciation.

I guess I could wait till the 07's hit 2nd hand but waiting is now boring :boxing:

Cheers

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has taken ownership of a 2007 model (the new 'bulge') one.

If so how are you finding it?

Did you use Nissan finance - if so how good a rate was it?

How long did it take from order to delivery?

Any discount at all when you bought?

Can you take the extended warranty out at any period within the 3 years (assuming nissan service history etc).?

After much pondering I will hopefully be deciding 1st 2 weeks in August for a new car (I still have my shortlist S2000,350z,Z4,TT - gonna try an Elise/Exige but I doubt my dicky leg will help).

I was originally going to borrow a little from my bank but I'm tempted if the rates are good from dealer finance to potentially drop the £30k on a brand spanking new 57 plate 350Z. I wasn't fussed about leather but would like cruise & the beefier stereo - catch 22 :(

Tis probably the only time I will be able to afford to spend this much and I've never owned a new car before due to the obvious depreciation.

I guess I could wait till the 07's hit 2nd hand but waiting is now boring :boxing:

Cheers

Hi,

Not got an 07 but with reference to your other points...

You can take out extended warranty at any point within the initial warranty period (plus a grace period after - can't remember how long).

Re: the other cars, the S2000 won't compare, no torque and a different car the the Zed. TT doesn't 'feel' the same, you'll see what I mean when you drive it. Z4, if you can live the image then all fine. As far as I know, Auto Express is the only review that places those above the Zed. And they gave a Corsa CotY! :scare:;)

As for the leather, it does seem to make a difference on resale, ask Louis (sl114).

Also, Zeds do hold their value well. Most cars are losing well over 50% in three years, the Zed does well. You'll still pay £17-18k for a 3 - 4 yr old one. :)

Leather makes a big difference on resale, i found it very hard selling my car and finally Craig bought it on here and got a very good deal. £16k for a 2004 zed with only 17k miles on the clock. Bloody cheek! ;)

If you go for the non-GT, i would suggest getting a leather retrim as that is all that people seem to want. However if you intend on keeping the car a long time, go for the non-GT also.

L

As a dealer I have to say please don't buy a none GT Pack car mate, you will never sell it :thumbdown:
+1 unless you have a retrim and do some other nice mods such as upgrade the stereo as lets face it, its rubbish anyway. :thumbs:

As for Nissan finance, in my experience always get much better rates through someone like Black Horse etc, than dealer finance. Even when I bought an Audi, they used to Black horse but I got much better deal direct! :thumbs:

In my experience, most of the time the dealer finance can't compare......