Could my slipping clutch have caused limp mode?

nowhereboy

My car's in the garage getting my exedy clutch and cc flywheel fitted (thanks again CS). The lad at the garage said the slipping clutch may have something to do with my sensor problem too, the diagnostic brings up throttle pedal sensor as the cause of the cars limp mode. Is it possible that the clutch slipping could have flagged up this code?

Once the clutch is in they will reset the ecu and see if it happens again, the engine warning light only came on when the clutch started to slip and then the car went into limp mode temporarily, I managed to drive it to the garage no problems the day after.

Whats the best and worst case scenario here? I've missed the car so much having it off the road this week.

Cheers Zhorno, I just picked the car up tonight after getting the parts fitted, they re-set the ecu and it hasn't happened again since.

It's a bit rubbish driving round in fear of it happening again, nobody is sure what caused it. I will give it a clean tommorow anyway and just hope it doesn't happen again.

On a brighter note the clutch and flywheel combo has completely transformed the way the car feels to drive, it feels so much better. I absolutely love it. Hopefully the weather will be ok tommorow so I can give the car a good detail.

• Like 1