My forgetful window motor.... (!?)

ostego

Hey,

Yet another problem with the Zed to report and seek advice.

A week after i bought it... the motor forgot where to go when it "auto-upped", and would go fully up then halfway down, this would also mean the window wouldnt drop when opening the door.

Had this fixed by Jez, who took off the pannelling, and reset it using the motor rest switch and was all good for the past 3 weeks... and then i went to auto-up it, and it had slipped back into the habbit of then returning to a halfway point.

It still dropped when opening the door however, just to a lesser extent, so maybe 2mm instead of 5mm.

2 days after that, the window is now not dropping at all when opening the door and we're back to square one!

What could be the cause of this motor just forgetting this stuff constantly?

I know new genuine nissan motors from ZEDMANALEX were fitted on both sides last year, and there are no other signs of the motor packing in... so i really don't see that this should be a sign that the window motor is bust, but I'm at a loss as to why this is happening!

May bit the bullet and take the pannelling off myself and give the motor reset procedure a go this weekend (since i'll need to learn how to do it if this keeps happening!) but is there anything i should look out for that may be the root of it forgetting this stuff (i.e. loose cabling? Or anything else that would cause this?)

There is a thread if you search, it shows you everything on how to strip the door card down and get at the motor ,even shows you how to clean up original motor I did mine last weekend and it now works a treat, it's just a build up of carbon plus dirt which stops it working properly :thumbs:

There is a thread if you search, it shows you everything on how to strip the door card down and get at the motor ,even shows you how to clean up original motor I did mine last weekend and it now works a treat, it's just a build up of carbon plus dirt which stops it working properly :thumbs:

Can understand how a build up of carbon would result in dodgey mechanical operation... but this doesn't seem mechanical... don't know how the process of setting the window levels is stored in the motor... but seems like it would need to be memorised somehow

This just seems like first stages of the motor but hey it's not me with the problem now is it :lol: find the thread and read it and you may just repair your window problem :thumbs:

:'( am scared enough of removing the panel in my zed! Just want to see if i can reset it and check the connections before i go into the deeper darker realms of removing the motor and cleaning it!

Would this guide take me to the point where I'd need to be to get access to the reset switch? http://my350z.com/forum/audio-video-and-electronics-diy/407151-2008-door-panel-removal-front-speaker-install.html

Or do you need to go a step further and take off all of the metal panelling as well?

did it this morning... the pannelling came off fine... then was ****ing sat in my car for an hour fiddling about with it, as i couldnt get it to reset! Only then when my laptop was at 15% and i was panicking did i realize you only hold the reset switch when it is going down, not when it is going up!

Works fantastic now! Fingers crossed it wont **** up again