Avon ZZ3s Discontinued?

DoubleU

I think this tyre may be finished, has anyone heard the same?

I've run a set all round for over a year and found them to be excellent, good ride, handling and grip.

Still get a slide, esp. in the wet, if you're enthusiastic and they take a few corners to properly warm up first thing in the morning.

Got a new set on the back just before Christmas - went to get the same on the fronts in New Year and was told by my regular tyre boys they were discontinued.

Tried many other tyre fitters and suppliers near me and got the same response.

One company then said they'd found the last 225/45/18s in the whole country in Scotland - got them sent down and they're now on my car. :D

Shame if it's true they're not doing them anymore though, as I reckon the ZZ3 is a great tyre for the money.

Glad I got a matching set all round though.

Will consider the Michelin Pilots next time I think.

The ZZ3 is a cracking dry tyre and average in the wet, the down side is the wear rate is quite high...

As posted, some sizes in the ZZ3 range are being discontinued with 245/45/18 being one of them. Avon now reccommend the ZZ5 but although it is sold as a performance tyre it performs better in the wet to the detriment of dry grip.

Its called targeted marketing, we are not who they are aiming at any longer, its the BMW / Audi man with more money (according to the marketing people) and a family to keep safe on a wet motorway...

Shame really...