Passenger window doesn't auto up or down

35oz's

Hi there I have just finished replacing both window motors, drivers side went ok but had to do the reset procedure as it would get to the top and then drop down a couple of inches but all sorted now.

The passenger side didn't do this and I thought happy days put it all back together, then I realised that if I pressed and held the button that it wouldnt auto roll all the way down or up. Would the reset procedure sort this or is the new motor duff?

Thanks in advance, I did try doing a search but couldn't find anything simular to my symptoms that didn't involve just broken motors

Edited by 35oz's

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm new to the Forum.

I have purchased an Auto Up/Down Master switch model which has Auto for both Passenger and Driver in the aim to convert the Passenger side to an Auto one touch drop/raise, it is on a 2006 model.

Unfortunately it hasnt made a difference, on the passenger button i can press one click (manual) or two click (Auto) but the window stops moving once i release the button, All other functionality works fine and also the Drivers side still works as Auto.

Is there anything anyone can suggest i can try or know what i need to convert the Passenger side as i already have the button is there anything extra i need to do or will it be a case that i cannot have this function.

The switch on the passenger side door is still a standard Non-Auto switch.

I have read on the Forums where the passenger side has been changed and it has allowed for the Auto feature on the passenger side.

Any help will be most grateful as i have been trawling through the internet with no answer.

Thanks

You have already sussed it - it's the passenger side switch you need to change - Buster did his a while ago his is UK spec only Drivers side has auto - we replaced the passenger side switch with one from a JDM and he has full auto from both sides.

Hope That Helps :)

• Like 2

Thanks for all your help.

Just thought i would report back to say i have fitted my JDM passenger switch and i now have the Full Auto on the windows :), took the opportunity while i had the panels off to respray them due to the dreaded scratches and now it looks fantastic.

Thanks again Keyser for your help

Thanks for all your help.

Just thought i would report back to say i have fitted my JDM passenger switch and i now have the Full Auto on the windows :), took the opportunity while i had the panels off to respray them due to the dreaded scratches and now it looks fantastic.

Thanks again Keyser for your help

Where did you source the switch? I assume to do it right you want two switches, one in the passenger door and one in the drivers door (passenger position)

Hi mate,

Pm Clark motorsport that's who I got my passenger switch from.

In order to get it working from the drivers side you will need driver and passenger switches ask for the Jdm switches. If you need a guide on how to remove the panels there are loads on here.

The drivers side won't work by itself it's vital to have the passenger one hope that makes sense :-)