Camber

Ceejay29

Hi Guys,

I am after some advice regarding camber and wheel spacers. I have lowered the zed substantially on coilovers, run 19inch wheels and 30mm spacers (size determined by original owner – need to confirm this) that also acts as a PCD converter.

After fitting adjustable camber arms all round, I decided to arrange a geometry, toe and camber set up. To my amazement I am running -2 degrees at the front before adjustment, which I would deem dangerous as I have a low profile stretched tyre (225/35) meaning that the inside rim edge is precariously close to the road surface. I cannot add any positive camber as the arm is fully extended, is this a direct consequence of running a spacer that is too large? If so can simply send it off to be reduced in width?

Thanks

Apologies not sure why it was posted twice.

My reasoning behind the spacer exaggerating the negative camber is based upon a theory of the wheel begin fixed at the top by the adjustable camber arm and pushed out further lower down by the spacer. Makes sense in my head but probably not for somebody with more mechanical competence.