Cubby Hole Mod's , Pos Sat-Nav

M350ZB

Been thinking and seen some great idea's on here, what shall i do with my cubby hole, im not keen on the idea of a reversing camera, or big lvd screen, and thinking down the line of installing sat-nav there, either a system that fits straight in, or makign something up to fit a sat nav unit or something, has anyone done any sat-nav mods or cubby hole mods, and any pics, idea's. Been thinking may be possibly making a plate, but also have to consider that my door as such open like a ahtch and does not slide, so would have to get a slidng one, i know there is one for sale on here, thats why i have posted this to see what options are open for me, any idea's guys !

:teeth:

yeah i have been looking at all the over posts about this, but i really cant make up my minid, do i put a lcd screen there, or a sat nav, when i went up to alton towers the other week i just chucked my sat nav in there, but as the door is the a hatch, put and opens, ti look s abit tacky ya know ?

yeah i got the one with the retracting door, not the slidding one, but one has been posted on here, so mgiht try to snap that up, its up for £60 including delivery i think. I can fit my nav man in there no probs, but then again i think they are alot slimmer than the tom tom's, was thinking to make a plate so all that you can see is the sat nav unit and maybe a little storage piece to one side, how you going about yours, defo have to post some pics mate, when you get a chance please ?

I've cut a block of MDF that slides into the gap. I just need to cut the hole in it for the TomTom to be supported in it. I'll then cover it in black speaker material, same stuff as I used for the tonneau cover.

Hopefully it'll do the job :thumbs:

Sounds good mate, and defo cheap, lol, what im looking for, have you seen the p.c mod you can do, found it earlier why looking on ere, looks the dogs b******, but cost like £800, but you can have everything, dvd, sat nav, the lot, but im thinking like you, cheap sat nav conversion, plus you can take it out the car!, wonder how much the original u.k nissan sat nav is to buy ?, and you saying about you tor cover, take it you made your own, you got any pics ?

Cheap it is! Thought about the carputer thing. You can get ones on Ebay that slot into a single DIN unit, maybe not as powerful as you'd want though, adequate for surfing the interweb though. I then thought will I ever use it....hence I didn't bother

I can post some of tonneau cover sure, does the job i.e. stop folk seeing in the boot.

Cheap it is! Thought about the carputer thing. You can get ones on Ebay that slot into a single DIN unit, maybe not as powerful as you'd want though, adequate for surfing the interweb though. I then thought will I ever use it....hence I didn't bother

I can post some of tonneau cover sure, does the job i.e. stop folk seeing in the boot.

What sad muppets going to sit in a car surfing the Internet :yawn:

Zedrush :thumbs::p

Zedrush :thumbs::p

...or the guy that bought his car :teeth:.... is he on here???

lol it was awesome, especially when you could duel roam as see what other people are doing. Dont think he is on here thank god as took of the z sticker website, I realised i previously posted how much I paid for the car and really wouldnt want him to find out :headhurt: