DIY detailing

Stew

I nipped into to polished bliss on my way home from work to visit my buddy who works for them.

I got some advice after my paint was measured and inspected and came out with a box of products to use with my new porter cable polisher.

I spoke with Rich who owns the company and I asked if he could do us guys a deal. He said he'd help out if I organised a group buy.

I'll let you all know how I get on (with pics) on both the gay purple astra and the Zed.

If anyone wants any info then give me a shout as I'll be going in past to see Rich later this week to pic up a product that wasn't in stock.

I can't wait to see the results! http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/

Rich has always been helpful to me, I've asked his advice a number of times after getting to know Polished Bliss through detailingworld.co.uk.

Great advice, coming from guys that actually do terrific detailing, and great products. Pretty good service too :thumbs:

I'm now using Blackfire Sealant & Carnuaba Wax as recommended by Rich since that's what they used on their terrific detail of a black 350 a few months back.

I'm getting low on wax and intend giving him a call soon so a group buy, or club discount, would be welcome!

Well I'm happy to buy and send it to you if it works out cheaper for you.

I was going to order the wax but Rich told me to hold off until the open day when they are doing it for 40 instead or 50 quid!

I have blackfire stuff too. Can't remember what else, I'll put it all together when I do it for photos etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the open day and bought some blackfire wax. I lso picked up my 106FA (I think????) so when I get home I'll be doing a detail on both my cars.

When I was at the open day my buddy Clark gave me a PC polishing demo and then let me loose. I really appreciated the expert help and it fairly boosted my confidence on using my scary orbital polisher!

I can't wait to get the cars gleaming!.

When you've blackfire'd the 350 show us some pics Stew.

I spent 3 hours+ on Mrs 73's Pug 206 today - foam, rinse, de-tar, clay, foam, rinse, wash, blackfire, blackfire sealant and carnauba. It looks sweet now - for a 206 anyways. No pics b'cos this just ain't the place! :lol: