350z gt import audio problems

bboyzeez

Hi all so I brought a import 350z the standard multidisc cd player works fine but then obviously the radio doesn't work

1. What is needed to convert to UK wave signal?

The dvd unit behind seat is import and the screen in dash is pure Japanese I cannot understand any of this and if . Place a pal dvd in nothing happens it don't start playing...

2. I obvs want to watch movies so would buying a UK dvd unit amd switch with one in place would then the screen etc all be English and work?

Thanks

A band expander will sort the radio out... Dont ask me what that it coz I just didnt bother as I hardly ever listen to the radio and if I do its Talk Sport so not an issue...

The Satnav unit behind the seat (DVD) is just that a sat nav, it does not play DVD's... Buying a UK unit will not work, you need an 05 or older X-Trail unit, good luck... If you do get one you will be left with plugs for the TV which wont be working because of bandwidth again and its only analogue...

I have the X-Trail unit but its not worth the money, yes it has the "original" look but its just too limited in what it does...

Car PC seems the way to go as no matter what you do with the JDM kit you will be having the dash and facia off anyway so as well installing something that does it all (aparently the screen is poor quality too)...

It will be ages till I get near to doing anything inside the cab (keep finding other things outside that need doing to add to the list) so if you figure out something post on here so we can all get an idea...

Cheers...

Edited by Jixaman