Chrome Lip Refurb

Sarnie

Guest prescience

See the response below, since I believe the wheels are lacquered (honestly I can't recall though), it looks like a dead end.

Just need to find if your wheels are bare metal or anodised.

Looks like they have been clear anodised as the shine looks very deep , like chrome.

Most factory finishes are always protected with a coating else people would have new rims every year due to pitting.

If its bare metal it can be polished out, if there is a coating, then your best bet is sand it down as far as you can by hand, going up to 3000 grit.

Just blend it in as much as you can, other wise you are looking at re anodising or chroming, which we don't do.

Here is one of the pic I sent them (I also sent a full wheel view)

000_0052.jpg

Mark in the OC tried to repair some kerbing of his RH Wheels. He tried sanding down and it was indeed coated, chrome or anodised. This meant that although he got a smooth shiny area where the damage was, as the metal was different it a different colour, (chrome versus aluminium). The guy was so dissapointed he sold thhe wheel to Rish and replaced them with Nismo's.

So I guess the moral is be careful before trying to repair chromed shiny rims. If they are coated you may make them look worse... :scare: