JDM SAT NAV / DVD player / Computer?

N15MNO-Daron

Dear All..

Does anyone know any economical ways to convert the sat nav to UK specs?? (besides steal a UK unit from an Xtrail/other 350z!!)

IF its too expensive, can the unit behind the seats be converted into a UK region DVD player without messing about with the centre console or screen?

Imports are real pain in the neck! Do they have any advantages at all?

Dear All..

Does anyone know any economical ways to convert the sat nav to UK specs?? (besides steal a UK unit from an Xtrail/other 350z!!)

IF its too expensive, can the unit behind the seats be converted into a UK region DVD player without messing about with the centre console or screen?

Imports are real pain in the neck! Do they have any advantages at all?

Some one on here bought a X-trail nav unit on it and swapped it with his one and it worked. Might of been a bit more complicated than that but I can't remember. Think it cost about £125 iirc :blush:

other than the x-trail mod , there is a guy who converts them for about £800 on Ebay :scare:

think it a bit more than that. He basically rips alot of it out but still uses the original screen

it's these guys http://stores.ebay.co.uk/caraudiovisual

Just been in contact with them, communication is good, replied within minutes .. but their replacement sat nav option costs £1100 and their replacement touch screen sat nav/IPOD/MP3/cd option is about £1600! Just a bit over my budget.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the pin out for the screen, it seems to only accept RGB Sync which is a pain because most cheapy in-car DVD & reversing cameras are Composite and there isn't a cheap (~£20) way of converting the signal.

The upside of this is that you could fit a PS2 / Xbox / Pooter no problem but I have read that the screen is actually pretty bad...

I have found an option on my JDM OEM sat nav for 'VTR' which hints that you can hook up an external video source. I am planning on taking my DVD drive out today or tomorrow to get the pin-out for that as there is a glimmer of hope that the VTR input is composite.

I will post back and let you know, I will also post back the pin-out of the screen...

fM

I swapped out my JDM sat nav DVD player for one I got off Ebay for £55. Think it was from an X-Trail or Primera.

Took about 20 minutes. Sure I posted here before about how to change it. About to head home so don't have a chance to search for the link.

If you are still interested in how to do it, I can post up a reply in the morning - or just PM me.:)

• 3 weeks later...