Removing standard sat nav or repair also DD

Spatt

Hi guys and gals

standard sat nav is broken so any ideas where i might start getting it repaired?

If i remove the unit will i be left with a nice 'cubby' hole to stick my phone etc.... that's an option for me as im not too bothered about spending loads getting it fixed

thinking of a nice double din unit to use with an ipod too and woundered if anyone else could recomend a nice one... dont want sat nav btw... and my budget aint huge!

Cheeers!

You can get double din head units reasonably cheap nowadays depending on what you want & budget. I'd recommend a Pioneer or Kenwood head unit but there are obviously other good makes available. Seen this one on eBay for £100 just to give you an idea; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KENWOOD-DPX-404U-CD-MP3-AUX-IN-USB-IPOD-IPHONE-CONTROL-DOUBLE-DIN-CAR-HEADUNIT-/181000534486?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2a2478f9d6 I've got a Pioneer CD/DVD head unit in my Zed which cost me only a little over £240 which I thought was a bargain tbh. :thumbs: