Winter tyres - same pressure?

pdg32

I got Nokians at the weekend too. They have a pressure marking on the side wall which changes depending on tyre width. 36psi for 245 and 33psi for 225s on the front. I'm sure it won't make much odds having a bit more, might be useful to let a bit out if the snow comes though.

I got Nokians at the weekend too. They have a pressure marking on the side wall which changes depending on tyre width. 36psi for 245 and 33psi for 225s on the front. I'm sure it won't make much odds having a bit more, might be useful to let a bit out if the snow comes though.

I thought you put more in when it snowed to cut in more, a bit like rally cars having really skinny wheels/tyres in the snow? Letting pressure out is good in sand though.

You can let air out in snow on regular tyres to help, but you can keep the pressure in the winter tyres because they are designed for use in cold weather and snow.

If you get a chance, put the two different tyres side by side and you will notice that the tread blocks are deeper on the winters allowing for a little more flex, which is what you are trying to achieve when letting out air on regular tyres