Xbox Wireless Question

Jacko

Can any of you wise Xbox owners please tell me what the support is on it for secured wireless?

Is it WEP, WPA, WPA2 etc?

Just that I want to see whether I can connect to my secured wireless network at home (if I bought one).....

Ta :thumbs:

Can any of you wise Xbox owners please tell me what the support is on it for secured wireless?

Is it WEP, WPA, WPA2 etc?

Just that I want to see whether I can connect to my secured wireless network at home (if I bought one).....

Ta :thumbs:

Just buy one :p

Yes it does support WPA and WEP

Personally i don't like wireless for the 360, now using netgear HD homeplugs and its far quicker to log in and i seem to get less lag

What are these Netgear HD Homeplug thingies?

I've got the Netgear 834PN MiMO wireless router, and its obviously all secured etc.....

But concerned that the wireless would be crap with Xbox?

there these - http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/Sh ... uctID=3478

these are the HD ones as they can be used for streaming HD film content from a PC to a mediabox as they offer a very good bitrate.

essentially you plug one in a spare power socket next to your router and attach an ethernet cable. Then in the room where your xbox is you plug in another one and run a cable to the back of your xbox. Data is then transferred via your electrical copper wiring in your house (though if you house is very old or has different circuits it might not work)

Also, if you have more than one thing in your living room you could attach a hub to the homeplug and then attach all of your devices to that, as long as they acquire there own IP address from the router you won't have a problem

I looked into gettting those as they are meant to be pretty good, albeit with the warning of the old houses and poor wiring - I've heard horror stories of them not working. All good in newer houses though. However, I spent £30 on some CAT5 cable and wired it all up properly as it was a lot cheaper :p

PS Dont do Xbox over wifi, it will suck.

there these - http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/Sh ... uctID=3478

these are the HD ones as they can be used for streaming HD film content from a PC to a mediabox as they offer a very good bitrate.

essentially you plug one in a spare power socket next to your router and attach an ethernet cable. Then in the room where your xbox is you plug in another one and run a cable to the back of your xbox. Data is then transferred via your electrical copper wiring in your house (though if you house is very old or has different circuits it might not work)

Also, if you have more than one thing in your living room you could attach a hub to the homeplug and then attach all of your devices to that, as long as they acquire there own IP address from the router you won't have a problem

Thanks, I'll look into them...... prefer doing it that way for online gaming rather than over wireless anyway!

Cheers! :thumbs: