Changing the reverse light switch?

TomLum

Hi everyone,

My reverse light isnt working but the bulb is fine. Done a lot of googleing and its all pointing to the reverse light switch. Ive searched and read that its tight but if you can get under the car you can do it.

I ordered the part got the car jacked up and unless im missing something i cant see it possible to replace without dropping the gearbox?! Am I missing something?

Thanks for any advice,

Tom

I have never done this or know where the part is but you can get down through the tail lights, thats just assuming that its acutally next to the reverse light cluster!

The switch is located on top of the gear box. You can just see it when you get under and shine a torch through a gap,, but ive no idea how to get my hand in and have enough room to remove it!

The RLS is just up the L/H side of the transmission casing and quite easy to get to.

#27 from the schematic.

Alex :)

GEARBOX350ZZZ.png

Yes thats the one. Its also colour coded blue. But its in no way 'easy to get to' Its very tight around it and quite a bit blocking your path to it. Might have to get it up on the ramps and take another approch.

You will require it on a ramp and once you drop the transmission crossmember access is fairly easy, trust me.

If you are finding it difficult, before you start removing the switch, I would suggest that you disconnect the wiring connector from the switch and test the lights in the appropriate manner, just to establish if the switch is definately faulty.

Alex. :)