Friends RX-7 STOLEN from NW London

sl114

Hey all, im just posting this on behalf of a friend of mine.

‘Completely and utterly gutted. Today was supposed to be a happy day as I just picked up the keys to my new flat. I went downstairs to check on the FD and all I found was an empty parking space.

I have just moved into a new block of flats in NW London and parked the car there after JTS last Sunday (the week before moving in), before heading off to work. Today was the first time I have checked on the car since then so it could have been taken any time between last Sunday night and tonight.

It is supposed to be a 'secure' car park but it's a joke. The barriers that let you in need a code but the exit ones are either open already, or let you drive out as you approach them. Really useful. There is no CCTV (an ongoing issue with the developers) and I have found out that loads of cars have been broken into-a cabby I spoke to tonight says he now leaves his cab unlocked to save having his windows broken.

Now you may think this is some council estate in a run down area, but it's not! My flat cost me well over 200k, and thats one of the cheapest there. There are porsches and mercs galore.

It must have been a planned steal as my car had the following:

Car cover, Cat 1 alarm, immobiliser, safety film on the windows side and back, and a full disk steering wheel lock. Plus the fact that anyone trying to drive it for the first time would be kangarooing down the road due to the exedy clutch. Definately a pro job.

I have called the police of course and got a crime number and I will phone A-Plan in the morning. I don't know what else to do really. I have searched on ebay in case it has been broken or even put up for sale whole, but it's probably in a container somewhere now. I am also going to put leaflets through the doors of all the neighbours as someone may have seen or heard it leave so at least I can narrow down when it went missing.

If anyone has mates on foreign RX7 forums please could you post this up so I can try and spread the word as far as possible. Whilst at the end of the day it is only a car it is my pride and joy and I have spent a lot of money and far more time looking after her.

It is a Mazda Black 1994 RX7 FD R2. It has the standard (and original) engine and twin turbos, but the car has lots of nice bits added. Externally it has no rear wing, a C-West front and re-a wing mirrors, and a re-a dolphin exhaust and white re:worx sticker on the rear screen. It also had GAB suspension (very low) and black 18" Rota GTRs. There is a chrome half cage inside. The holes from this in the floor will be very hard to cover up.

Thanks in advance for any help-and keep your eyes peeled!

Hey all, im just posting this on behalf of a friend of mine.

‘Completely and utterly gutted. Today was supposed to be a happy day as I just picked up the keys to my new flat. I went downstairs to check on the FD and all I found was an empty parking space.

I have just moved into a new block of flats in NW London and parked the car there after JTS last Sunday (the week before moving in), before heading off to work. Today was the first time I have checked on the car since then so it could have been taken any time between last Sunday night and tonight.

It is supposed to be a 'secure' car park but it's a joke. The barriers that let you in need a code but the exit ones are either open already, or let you drive out as you approach them. Really useful. There is no CCTV (an ongoing issue with the developers) and I have found out that loads of cars have been broken into-a cabby I spoke to tonight says he now leaves his cab unlocked to save having his windows broken.

Now you may think this is some council estate in a run down area, but it's not! My flat cost me well over 200k, and thats one of the cheapest there. There are porsches and mercs galore.

It must have been a planned steal as my car had the following:

Car cover, Cat 1 alarm, immobiliser, safety film on the windows side and back, and a full disk steering wheel lock. Plus the fact that anyone trying to drive it for the first time would be kangarooing down the road due to the exedy clutch. Definately a pro job.

I have called the police of course and got a crime number and I will phone A-Plan in the morning. I don't know what else to do really. I have searched on ebay in case it has been broken or even put up for sale whole, but it's probably in a container somewhere now. I am also going to put leaflets through the doors of all the neighbours as someone may have seen or heard it leave so at least I can narrow down when it went missing.

If anyone has mates on foreign RX7 forums please could you post this up so I can try and spread the word as far as possible. Whilst at the end of the day it is only a car it is my pride and joy and I have spent a lot of money and far more time looking after her.

It is a Mazda Black 1994 RX7 FD R2. It has the standard (and original) engine and twin turbos, but the car has lots of nice bits added. Externally it has no rear wing, a C-West front and re-a wing mirrors, and a re-a dolphin exhaust and white re:worx sticker on the rear screen. It also had GAB suspension (very low) and black 18" Rota GTRs. There is a chrome half cage inside. The holes from this in the floor will be very hard to cover up.

Thanks in advance for any help-and keep your eyes peeled!

Sounds pretty distinctive. I hope he tracks it down. :thumbs:

Yeah fingers crossed he gets it back.

It less & less likely to find truely secure parking these days - have heard of plenty of people living in flats to find that one night the gates get driven into and broken. Lo & behold next day/night theres a load of cars get broken into/go missing.