Advice on swapping a track spoiler for a nismo

Spatt

Think Dedman summed it up pretty well there :)

Where abouts are you based and we'll try to let you know where's best to go for drifting. It's very easy to get into :) Just get yourself a pair of rubbish tyres for the rear of your car, a helmet and get stuck in. If you have any questions get in touch

we found the spoiler doesnt make any difference on an NA zed with slicks on as there is so much grip and not enough speed, but with less grippy tyres like r888's on a greasy or wet track can be nice :)

shameless plug for the ings+1 low mount

I guess that slicks generate far more mechanical grip than aero will at those speeds.

So with slicks you'd actually be creating drag with the spoiler and it would be detrimental? (It is very nice btw!)

we found the spoiler doesnt make any difference on an NA zed with slicks on as there is so much grip and not enough speed, but with less grippy tyres like r888's on a greasy or wet track can be nice :)

Nice car man,

I agree it won't really do a great deal for grip especially when travelling sideways but every little helps and I'm hoping to do some track stuff with mine too so hopefully it will come in to effect then too :)

I guess that slicks generate far more mechanical grip than aero will at those speeds.

So with slicks you'd actually be creating drag with the spoiler and it would be detrimental? (It is very nice btw!)

spot on, the data we got back showed the car was quicker without it in corners as well as straights, until we had to use semi-slicks

Think Dedman summed it up pretty well there :)

Where abouts are you based and we'll try to let you know where's best to go for drifting. It's very easy to get into :) Just get yourself a pair of rubbish tyres for the rear of your car, a helmet and get stuck in. If you have any questions get in touch

Based in Manchester, got a lid but dont have RWD car nor snide tyres...

Love to go see some of this only ever seen proper drifting at a modified live event. it was awesome, oh and iv been in a drift taxi at santa pod and oulton park... infact last time i was ina drift taxi it was a 350z ;) but it was rubbish they wet the track down and it was so boring a could have fallen asleep.

I'll stick to drifting on GT5 for now :thumbs:

• Like 1