Hayfever...

TiN

Any fellow sufferers want to lend some tips on how to minimise the effects of this ghastly, erm, disease? :yuck:

Admittedly, I haven't bothered with the antihistemines yet, as they didn't really work that well in the past. Anyone had one of the more "permananent" remedies (injections etc)?

Beconase works for me - couple of squirts up each nostril, morning and night.

Hayfever is a right bastard right now - I suspect the tree pollen because of all the rain / sun we've had. Everyone I know who has it is suffering bad.

My eyes look like those kid's in Angela's Ashes - two pissholes in the snow, anyone?

My son has really bad hayfever at the moment - he actually looks and feels like he's got a severe cold. He takes antihistamines every day all year round, and although that's not what you're looking for, if you do use them there's a website you can get them from for about £1 per packet of 30 which is dirt cheap. It's www.chemist-4-u.com but you have to buy 10 packets.

Other than that I have heard that if you buy local honey and take a spoonful per day it can help build up immunity but it has to be local so that the bees have been using the polen from your area.

I suffer too, mainly up me nose, so i may try the Beconase stuff.

Ive been just popping the pills each day, but your meant to change brand every year. Not had an injection but i heard you had to have not taken any of the tablets for a year, and i couldn't do that.

mmm, interesting. Wouldn't sticking vaseline on your nose be the same?

I do that on top of the anti histamines...... just put a little bit of vaseline around your nostrils. Theory being that the pollen sticks to that before it goes up your nose......

Does seem to work a bit, just not a complete cure..... :thumbdown:

I do that on top of the anti histamines...... just put a little bit of vaseline around your nostrils. Theory being that the pollen sticks to that before it goes up your nose......

Cool, may try this, will i need to be prepared to be laughed at?

Cool, may try this, will i need to be prepared to be laughed at?

You don't need a lot on..... only a light smear around the inside of your nostrils...... not all over your face man! :blush:

;)

I have heard many people say that locally produced honey helps with hayfever.. plenty of people swear by it..

Normally I just go to GP for an steroid injection but last two years they have given me a short course of tablets (again steroids).. both do majic.,.. but apparently have some bad side affects :wacko:

I have heard many people say that locally produced honey helps with hayfever.. plenty of people swear by it..

Normally I just go to GP for an steroid injection but last two years they have given me a short course of tablets (again steroids).. both do majic.,.. but apparently have some bad side affects :wacko:

Yeah thats why I've stayed away...... I heard they have side effects!

Can't they mess with your little swimming friends? :wacko:

Hi guys,

U might like to consider this one.

Have read the thread and u need to make sure that it is local honey otherwise it will not work for u. I used to keep bees and therefore can answer this one.

Needs to have the local pollen content in it and therefore helps u.

Both of my sons suffered and a good friend put me on the something called "Allium Cepa". This is a homeopathic remedy - not really into this stuff but one of my sons was affacted by early pollen counts - tree and the other grass.

It worked very well taken over a reasonable period of time - do not take with any other strong taste in your mouth or they dont work. Start at the mimimum doseage and then u can work to the higher one if needs be.

Have to say that one son is totally ok now and the other very very mild.

Give it a try - it worked for my lads - maybe it will for u.

Hope so as it miserable when u are not great.

Janexx (Bluelady)

PS in case u dont know Allium is the onion family.

Hi guys,

U might like to consider this one.

Have read the thread and u need to make sure that it is local honey otherwise it will not work for u. I used to keep bees and therefore can answer this one.

Needs to have the local pollen content in it and therefore helps u.

Both of my sons suffered and a good friend put me on the something called "Allium Cepa". This is a homeopathic remedy - not really into this stuff but one of my sons was affacted by early pollen counts - tree and the other grass.

It worked very well taken over a reasonable period of time - do not take with any other strong taste in your mouth or they dont work. Start at the mimimum doseage and then u can work to the higher one if needs be.

Janexx (Bluelady)

I know where to come now if I have any ailments.............................can I have a consultation on the NHS? :teeth:

Hi guys,

Janexx (Bluelady)

Thanks for that info I might give that a try - anything's worth a go! :thumbs:

My son has really bad hayfever at the moment - he actually looks and feels like he's got a severe cold. He takes antihistamines every day all year round, and although that's not what you're looking for, if you do use them there's a website you can get them from for about £1 per packet of 30 which is dirt cheap. It's www.chemist-4-u.com but you have to buy 10 packets.

Nixy, thanks for the tip on this site..... ordered some the other day. Got 6x boxes of 30 for near enough the same price that I pay for one box on prescription!

result :thumbs: