(Reversing Sensor Buzzer)

N4eay

Hi, a bit random but have been thinking about this.

The Buzzer or tone of the reversing sensor is quite horibble to be honest, anyone thought about of even changed the buzz, tone speaker etc to make the sound more... ummm relaxing :huh: Cheers

Sound is not pleasant, mine were faulty when i bought the car so i eventually disconnected them.

You may already know but to get to the control unit you need to remove the some of the boot trim, but to get to the Sensors you need the rear bumper off, not so straight forward.

let me know if you need any more info on removing the bumper or the boot trim.

James

I believe they were fitted by a Nissan dealer when it was new. Thanks for the help, i'll do some research to see if the module can be swapped for something that sounds better. Cheers

Yep, they were not an Nissan optional extra on them, but some dealers offered to fit them as a dealer option, so it depends really on what kit the dealer used. You can pick them up pretty cheap on ebay now, so id be tempted to try and swap it out for a different unit. Or just disconnect it! The 350z does have a big bum, but once you get used to where it all sits you can reverse fine without the sensors. My 2007 HR never had them.