How do I replace my boot lid?

SamN

Hi guys,

I had a search around but couldn't find this..

I have bought a replacement boot lid as mine is in poor condition but not 100% sure how to fit it.

I'm sure I could work it out with a bit of common sense but wondered if there is any particular info / tips that'd help me out :)

Guess I have to drop the roof lining then its just a couple of bolts/plugs?

Cheers

Sam

its a 2 maybe 3 man job. 2 people to hole on each sides and 1 to go round unbolting it.

The boot lid is quite heavy and its easy to let it slip and cause damage to the roof of your zed so don't do it alone.

You can access the bolts in the hinge whilst the boot lid it open.

Remove all the plastics around the boot lid and unplug the jet wash hose at the top and the main wiring loom in the corner.

Also the boot struts just un clip with a screw driver at the ball joint.

If you need to transplant anything over, it's as easy as copying and paste with a 10mm ratchet.

hinges, loom, wiper arm + motor, lock mech etc...

HTH

• Like 1

I dont believe you need to remove the boot lining. I think the bolt heads are exposed on the top side at the hinge.

Otherwise if you need to pop off the lining you dont need to undo the sides. You should be able to pull it down enough to get your hand in.

Done this not long ago, much easier to undo bolts under roof lining undo 3 plastic tabs and you can gently pull it down, i used a cable tie to keep lining out of way, be careful not to crease it and make sure hands are clean as its easily marked.

realistically use 3 people 2 holding 1 to undo bolts, i used 2 people and 4 ratchett straps was a mission lol

undo boot struts from car not from boot as can be a mission to get off, easier to remove them when bootlid off car.