Body roll

osmononame

Hi all,

I have been ahmming and ahhing recently about getting a new car, namely a GTR but truth be told I would be stretching myself loads even buying one (a leggy one at that) and then struggle to maintain it so that plans on hold for the time being. So in the meantime I'd like to improve the handling on my zed.

As it stands it's completely stock but I find its body rolls a bit too much for my liking. My brother has a Ferrari 360 which I've been driving the last few weeks and by comparison that corners flat. Now I'm not a dreamer. I know they are different cars/philosophies/price ranges etc etc but I'd like my zed to corner a bit better and flatter but on a budget.

Do you guys have any suggestions for mods I could try/look at? I'm thinking stiffer springs or something along those lines but am not sure.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Edited by osmononame

Upgrade shocks to adjustables and fit adjustable anti roll bars such as eibach. When u start to corner flatter you run the risk of getting understeer or oversteer depending on how you set it up so be very careful with what you do.

I didn't like how my standard set up felt when I got the car either, bought some coil overs and it transformed the car it feels much better now. I'd also like to get anti roll bars as well but coil overs defiantly get my vote best thing I've ever done to any of my cars

I didn't like how my standard set up felt when I got the car either, bought some coil overs and it transformed the car it feels much better now. I'd also like to get anti roll bars as well but coil overs defiantly get my vote best thing I've ever done to any of my cars

Arbs's will make it even better. I ran coilovers with standard arbs and still had some body roll issues on track. Replaced with eibach arbs and couldn't believe the difference. The car corners almost level with minimal body roll.

It's worth bearing in mine that the stiffer the car the more likely it is to understeer or oversteer in wet conditions. It will still do this in the dry but much more likely in the wet. My car is set up for the dry and is an absolute handful to drive fast in the wet. This is a combination of my wheel allignment, shocker adjustment and arb setting, along with the roll cage make the car even stiffer.

Ok. Thanks. I don't track my car or drive particularly hard (esp in wet. I'm a sissy like that) but just feel that for a sports car it's a bit soft. I'll look into your suggestions now.

I'm also moving up to 19's which CS is helping me with so that should at least improve the looks!

Ok. Thanks. I don't track my car or drive particularly hard (esp in wet. I'm a sissy like that) but just feel that for a sports car it's a bit soft. I'll look into your suggestions now.

I'm also moving up to 19's which CS is helping me with so that should at least improve the looks!

Arbs are perfect for you as they won't compromise ride height or oem ride but will make turning alot more precise.