Removing a Nismo Spoiler

Tackleberry

I know the nismo is love hate, IMO I love it :) I got mine done not long ago. I got the oem removed which damaged the boot lid and required a respray. The nismo has 2 bolts that fit with the oem spoiler and if your car is a nismo it will have another 2 bolts at the top. If not then it will no doubt have been bonded on or worse, had holes drilled into the boot lid. Your boot will 100% need a respray after you take it off unless you are getting a spoiler to cover it, I don't know any other spoiler you can get with a bigger base than the nismo... :shrug: my advice... keep it :thumbs: wrap the wing carbon fibre or something.

Edited by hensh65

Having mine taken off and replaced with a blitz, but it has been bonded :scare: so looks as if i'll have to have boot sprayed hoping it doesn't do any damage as well.

+1, just had mine changed, it was bolted and bonded, bodyshop said it was a bitch to get off, and yes, tailgate respray too. :)

So ive got a nismo spoiler which i really dont like. It was on the car before i bought it. So my question is... how do i remove it without damaging the spoiler and the car. Are they normally bolted on?

Worth a try swapping tailgates with someone with same colour car??

• Like 1

So ive got a nismo spoiler which i really dont like. It was on the car before i bought it. So my question is... how do i remove it without damaging the spoiler and the car. Are they normally bolted on?

Worth a try swapping tailgates with someone with same colour car??

Ive got a blade silver with a black celica spoiler on it if its any good to you