A strange one, what happens at 4000 rpm?

jell36

Ok, so I've had my zed for nearly 2 years now and but I seem to have a bit of a strange problem. If I put my foot down in 1st or 2nd (not tried it in any other gears due to the speeds), I mean floor it, I can watch the revs climb and the speed increase but it feels slower than it should be. As soon as I hit pretty much exactly 4,000 rpm, the power seems to suddenly increase massively to the point that a few times I have had the wheels suddenly spin at 4k rpm. Any ideas what might cause this? Also, off topic, I don't appear to be able to start a new line when I type, I press enter but the cursor doesn't move.

Would it suddenly grip at 4k rpm though? I did wonder that it may be the clutch, hence buying a new clutch and fly from you (not fitted them yet). But then I thought that as you are ear the max torque at 4k rpm, you were more likely to keep slipping the clutch than for it to grip. Or have I misunderstood what clutch failure is like (never had one go on me before)? Apologies for all the questions but I'm an engineer so have a habit of wanting to understand fully why things happen.

Answering the off topic section...is your browser IE10 perchance??? I have them same issue on one of my other pcs. Either download another browser or copy and paste a few empty carraige returns from notepad or other word processor into the reply box to get you around it at a push.