engine management light

james macc

Forgot to say that the Neutral Position Switch is located on the right side of the transmission. It is above and just forward of the transmission mount. There is also a switch on the left side that is for the reverse lamps. Make sure they are both plugged in.

I am assuming that your reversing light is not working.

Alex.

Edited by ZMANALEX
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

thread revival i know, but my car for the last two days is throwing up this error P1706 . I cleared the ecu using torque, but keeps coming back. The reverse light is working. I found a video of a guy with this error on youtube but it was a nissan ultima. Is a straight replacement? can it be taken out cleaned then put back? Can i continue to drive the car like this?

thread revival i know, but my car for the last two days is throwing up this error P1706 . I cleared the ecu using torque, but keeps coming back. The reverse light is working. I found a video of a guy with this error on youtube but it was a nissan ultima. Is a straight replacement? can it be taken out cleaned then put back? Can i continue to drive the car like this?

Does your car have an automatic or manual transmission? With a manual transmission the fault refers to a switch as described above. With an automatic, the park/neutral signal is generated in the Transmission Control Module and can effect starting and cruise control operation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

forgot to ask how do i get rid of this? can it be cleaned and put pack? or is it a direct replacement? I can't get the light to go away every few days keeps coming back.

A direct replacement is probably best. Until the problem is fixed you will keep getting the light every few days.

• Like 1