D Spec Throttle Controller with UpRev Mapping

d95gas

Was a bit of a dilemma whether to post here in the electronics section or in the performance section, as the question(s) fall into both groups, so if any admin feels this is in the wrong area, please don't hesitate to move the post.

I am wanting to find out if there are other users out there who have a 2005 (ish) UK GT, that has had the UpRev mapping done to it, and running the "D-spec Throttle Controller" ?

If so:

• Did you have any issues setting the D-spec up?.
  • Did you get any odd output on the controllers screen?.
  • Did you get any throttle issues?.

The reason I am asking these questions, is that I recently purchased the Rev 3 D-spec controller from a very helpful supplier on this forum. Plugging it in is fairly straight forward and idiot proof given you can only plug the plugs into specific opposites.

When I plugged everything in (and without the ignition turned on), the controllers screen started flashing up random digits.

It allowed me to do some of the setup, such as the lo position of the throttle, but would not go any further.

As a result this all through my ECU into what I suspect was throttle limp mode and I had to clear the error with my OBD reader.

The D-spec went back to the supplier who has tried it in an exact same model car as mine and it worked fine. The only difference between the two cars is that mine has the "UpRev" on it, so we are unsure whether the throttle settings on the UpRev are not happy with the D-spec being attached.

So would be interesting to see if anyone is running the same as me WITH a throttle controller.

Thanks

Graeme

I always thought that if the ECU was up-rev remapped the throttle restrictions where removed anyway, so no point for the throttle controller?

I do believe that the controller will still function as it does on a non up-rev ECU, IE Performance and Economy settings............But someone may correct me !!!

Everything I have read and heard about up-rev remapping says that one of the main areas that will make the engine more responsive is the

removal of the throttle restrictions IE the maximum % that can be achieved in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear, so if that is the case then there is no point

in using a throttle controller as it cant make the throttle response any sharper, worth checking before going to the trouble of fitting .

From what I understand, the throttle controller makes the movement of the accelerator even more responsive, ie in sport mode slight movements on the accelerator exaggerate to the EUC how far the accelerator has been pressed.........moving all the power to the top of the pedal movement instead of the bottom ................if I am explaining myself properly.

in Eco mode more movement of the pedal gives less power.

better explained on the Blitz page: http://www.blitzpowerusa.com/products/throcon/throcon.html