Kitchen LEDs - yes...more advice needed!

neo-ninja

Howdy Guys!

Thanks for your advice on the Kitchen, we have since got our guy down a fair bit and saved quite a bit of money buying various bits and bobs online.

However I really want under counter LEDs and Under unit LEDS, i was looking at getting "Warm" light LEDs as I think otherwise in our white kitchen it maybe a little intense with the blue.

I want to wire them into our mains power so i can turn on the light switch for the room and have the whole kitchen turn on (i will probably use 2 or 3 switches actually)

My question is the kit i have bought comes with an adapter, can I just use this to wire it into the mains (I would get our workman to do it, I just want to make sure he has the right stuff)? As I'm getting really confused as to what i need to buy, some places say drivers, others say that's not necessary. (I don't want to plug my set into a plug socket.)

The set I bought are these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290794814441?var=590084522302&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I got these ones as they come with joining cables which i will need to go past my hob and window. (Rather than buying one of the 5m sets)

Be careful what you fit...

The power supplies of some LED light systems can cause bad radio interference. Many don't comply with the regulations.

There was an article in Which magazine a few months back about a guy who was unable to use his DAB radio in the kitchen after fitting LED lights.

S.

That's really interesting actually, just looked it up but tbh, doesn't affect me as we don't listen to DAB.

They look fine. The "adapter" you mention should be a driver that will power the leds from a 240v source stepping it down to 12v.

Just be careful when joining the strips as they are polarity sensitive unlike conventional lightbulbs.

The ones we use are these.

http://www.hafele.co.uk/shop/p/led-strip-lights-flexible/loox-led-2013-5-m-strip-light-with-300-leds-12v-24w/81199/8171