Standard MDF speaker adapters/rings/spacers work ?

inspiral

You will need a way of attaching them to the door. The standard speakers have 3 screws/bolts that hold them in place.

Those rings should work though, it all depends on the depth of your speakers. You need to make sure you have enough clearance with the window.

You will need a way of attaching them to the door.

That's what I was wondering. I guess you something like something like right angled brackets ?

I'm beginning to wonder if I should just go the butchering the OEM speakers route and then if I want to remove the install just buying some cheapy 6.5" speakers to swap out the good gear.

If you want to make an MDF one do it like the below:

Looks nice but time consuming :dry:

So who's going to take the gamble :lol:

That'll be me then, got a pair on Fleabay for £6 last night :D

I plan to fit stuff over the next week so I'll update this thread with the results.

Edited by inspiral

I've now got the adapters and they're a perfect match for the mounting holes in the door :D

In fact they're a very like the OEM combined speaker and bracket but without the speaker. The depth is pretty much the same. The kit come with screws and wiring adapters, the latter doesn't fit the 350z harness though.

The only mod I've had to make is enlarge the speaker wire cut out in the adapter to cope with the chunky new cable I'll be fitting that will come from inside the door.

I've now fitted the speakers and it all feels reasonably sturdy. I'm expecting that when it's bolted to the door then it'll get even more solid.

The adapters are made by Autoleads and the part number is SAK-3301.

Edited by inspiral

• 8 months later...

Sorry to dig up an old(ish) thread. Just wanted to thank you for making things a lot easier for me. Was going to make some MDF spacers, but searched for the product code above and got some ordered from Amazon.co.uk for under £13 delivered. Result

Just to update anyone else thinking of getting some. Don't bother with Amazon. The seller I used sent the wrong Item. I have got a refund but it has delayed my build somewhat. I then ordered a set from In Car Express... only to get an email that they were not in stock a day or so later! After another successful refund I ordered a set from Car Audio Security. 3rd time lucky I hope! Order has been dispatched, I just hope they fit okay now!!