Time to move the 370 on

philb1965

Very sad day for me, I've had 3 fantastic years with the car but moving to Devon and the narrow roads where I live means time for a reality check and the 370 has to go. I can't afford to run a third car unfortunately. I'm probably going to do the easy thing and part ex the car, I'll be having a trip to Vospers in Plymouth this morning to see what they will give me. If I think it's to low I may do a for sale thread as I'm not in any massive rush to sell.

Decision made. This means I will be selling my genuine HKS hi power Ti exhaust which as far as I'm aware is the only one in the UK...or at least on this forum.

If I end up selling the car myself I'll look to keep the exhaust on the car if possible. I'll update the thread after I've been to vospers.

Surely the width of a Zed can't be the only decision to offload - it's hardly the widest of cars - if you meet another car in most vehicles you'll be stuck on a narrow road (unless you get a bike!). Best of luck with the sale, any trade-in I've ever received has been a ****-take, but maybe my expectations are too high.

Best of luck with the sale, any trade-in I've ever received has been a ****-take, but maybe my expectations are too high.

x2! I have always ended up going down the private route and gotten near enough what I was looking for!

Let me know hwen your ready to shift that exhaust ill take it off your hands :thumbs:

Surely the width of a Zed can't be the only decision to offload - it's hardly the widest of cars - if you meet another car in most vehicles you'll be stuck on a narrow road (unless you get a bike!). Best of luck with the sale, any trade-in I've ever received has been a ****-take, but maybe my expectations are too high.

I know what you are saying, if you want to cut 28 miles off of your round trip then the lanes I have to go through are single track with passing places, the banks are rock and the width is tight. Yes any car will have the same problem but if I'm in a euro box then I'll take the unavoidable scuffs and bumps on the chin, who wants to drive around in a 370 when it's covered in scuff marks? Not the only reason...my beachcasters don't fit in the Z!!! Practicality was high on the list of reasons which didn't matter before I moved here and I can't afford to run a second car.

Pex was ok, not amazing but ok, Parkers guide 14980 ...I got 14350 sale agreed so from the 10th I'll be driving around in a ford focus which although boring will mean I can abandon it where I want and go fishing without worrying and get all my gear in.

I'll put a for sale thread up for the exhaust once it's off, probably at the weekend.