Rattling/Vibration after 4000rpm

corbsy

Hi guys,

I've noticed recently that my Zed has a noticeable vibration/rattling noise after 4000rpm whilst accelerating in all gears - it doesn't seem to do it at a standstill.

Anyone experienced a similar issue? It's a bit hard to get a sound recording of the sound but the noise is coming from the front of the car and the sound has seemed to move from the middle of the car to more to the right although still pretty central. I'm worried that something could be potentially be wrong with the engine so I'm driving very cautiously. Although my wallet is grateful, I'm not!

Obviously to hear the sound is normally a necessity in these cases so does anyone know a reputable garage in the South East - preferably near the Blackwater/Camberley area?

Cheers,

Corbsy

Oh thank god :) No performance issues, still running like a beast! I'll take a look at the heat shields, and if I fail to do so, I'll take it to a garage and report back here. It's just the sound that it makes just gets me nervous that I'll blow my big end or something just as bad/expensive! (no sexual innuendos intended)