good price

bower123456

To give you some idea, I got a GT4 for that money with about 1k less on the clock. (Nissan dealer again)

They did shift quite some way on the trade in on my other Z though, so there should certainly be some wiggle room in that price.

they have a gt4 with 15K at £23500 so i guess thats a bit over priced then?

im unsure what to do really as i have a celica 190 that needs some paintwork doing on the bonnet

they are saying they will only offer me 5k which is 2k less than book price for it and i didnt want to get finance, i wanted to get a loan for the cheaper rates

but if i offer cash + my car they will prob offer me even less for my car

they have a gt4 with 15K at £23500 so i guess thats a bit over priced then?

im unsure what to do really as i have a celica 190 that needs some paintwork doing on the bonnet

they are saying they will only offer me 5k which is 2k less than book price for it and i didnt want to get finance, i wanted to get a loan for the cheaper rates

but if i offer cash + my car they will prob offer me even less for my car

Just dont tell them how you will source the remainder of the money, either way it shouldnt matter

Shouldn't make a blind bit of difference! Your car has a value, period.

You could ask them what APR they can offer, not flat rate which is what they will tell you first. Then when they tell you its 10%ish say you can get it for half that and why would you want to line their pockets :thumbs:

How your paying for it it toally irrelevant. Both cars have a value, full stop. They want to make extra money on you by getting you to have their finance. ask them if you get the finance cheaper elsewhere does that mean they will reduce the price of the car? :dry:

ive tried that but they want to know how im going to finance it before they will give me a trade in price

It's called stacking the deal.

They get commission on finance, so if you are funding £17k ( £21,995 less £5k for yours ) they are liable for a nice chunk of commission, probably over a grand on that balance depending on their base rate.

This gives them much more to play with than chassis profit alone so if you are financing through them they can offer you more for your car.

The way they are dealing with you tells me its probably Perrys ?

Bear in mind the 350z is a good seller so they won't want to give the car away, they have a minimum profit they aim for and they won't do a deal that makes much less than that figure, especially on a car they know they can sell.

They are also taking your car from you and it needs work, and they need to make a profit on your car too.

At the end of the day when you are trading a car in the price of their car and the price of your car is immaterial, you need to focus on the balance to change, the difference between the two values. Tell them how much you want to pay and let them do the rest. Their base rate will be very low and they can do you a cracking deal if they really want to !

Good luck mate.

ive tried that but they want to know how im going to finance it before they will give me a trade in price

They get commission on finance, so if you are funding £17k ( £21,995 less £5k for yours ) they are liable for a nice chunk of commission, probably over a grand on that balance depending on their base rate.

This gives them much more to play with than chassis profit alone so if you are financing through them they can offer you more for your car.

Bear in mind the 350z is a good seller so they won't want to give the car away, they have a minimum profit they aim for and they won't do a deal that makes much less than that figure, especially on a car they know they can sell.

They are also taking your car from you and it needs work, and they need to make a profit on your car too.

At the end of the day when you are trading a car in the price of their car and the price of your car is immaterial, you need to focus on the balance to change, the difference between the two values. Tell them how much you want to pay and let them do the rest. Their base rate will be very low and they can do you a cracking deal if they really want to !

Good luck mate.

I understand what your saying, and no offence to you, but its bollocks.

The zed has a value. His Celica has a value. How the balance is paid is immaterial and should not affect the previous two variables at all. :surrender:

Good luck mate.

Good info there actually. They do want to know how you are paying like you say to see how much profit they will make, however i also agree with Liam in the fact that it should not affect the total cost you are buying the cars for

I agree and thats how I do business.

But Perrys don't work that way, they want to maximise the profit in the deal and they want to sell him finance. Most big dealerships and car supermarkets are the same. There will be a grand to be made on that balance and they want it !

If the deal is not a great one they will wait for the next punter to come along.

Trust me, I did 8 years at Perrys before I set up on my own :)

I understand what your saying, and no offence to you, but its bollocks.

quote]

I've not explained myself very well either to be fair. That will be the Stella combined with the lateness of the hour :D

It will though, they want to aim for a minimum profit level on the deal overall.

If they can get £1k of that from the finance deal, they can afford to give more away on the values of the cars. If the finance is a no go, they want to make more money out of the cars themselves.

When buying the two cars we did for the office, we screwed a great deal out of the dealers on the price for two new cars, (knocked a Seat Altea FR with loads of options down from £19200ish to £15700 ish).

Strangely enough when I then started to try and get a higher part ex value or little other extras I almost got chucked out :lol:

It will though, they want to aim for a minimum profit level on the deal overall.

If they can get £1k of that from the finance deal, they can afford to give more away on the values of the cars. If the finance is a no go, they want to make more money out of the cars themselves.

That explained it much better than I did.

They do look at the overall picture and if they know they are getting the finance they have more to play with on the part exchange price.

If it's a cash deal they won't offer much more than the 5k already on the table, if they are getting the finance they will offer a bit more to get the business.

This is especially true with something like the Z which they know will sell and are not quite so easy to replace.

The last Z I had was advertised for less than a week and I've not got another coming until June 14th...with the GT spec and good mileage they are good news.

thanks for all your replys every1:D

its not perrys its a nissan garage in howden.

they are ringing me 2morrow to see if im still going on sat so i may try and bluff them and say ive got a good rate with a personal loan so theres not point going cos i dont think they will be able to get any way near it and just see what they say:boxing: