camber arms.. affect toe?

Mike46

So I've noticed that as my Zed is lowered it is running slight camber on the rear. Its not massive but as I do a lot of miles I would rather get it sorted than wear through tyres very quickly!

My question is that I have noticed people elongating the hole in the subframe to mount the Eibach camber arms, am I right in thinking the bolt that goes through there is purely for Toe and not camber?

If so is it okay to install the adjustable arms with standard bolts? Or is it important to use the new bolts?

Apologies if this doesn't make sense!

Cheers

I had the same issue once my zed was first lowered

I was running 4 degree of camber! I got the camber arms off of CS and installed (easy job) didn't bother elongating the hole for the toe. Installing these arms throws your toe out really badly so get it aligned

Went to the alignment centre and he sorted it all out so no need to waste your time elongating the hole :thumbs:

Edited by BillyZed
  • Like 1

Exactly the answer I was hoping for! Don't fancy elongating any holes!

Next question, is there any competition to the Eibachs? Or should I just go for them?

Cheers

Glad to help :)

I didn't want to elongate the holes either!

I'm sure there are other options but I was a rush to get them so CS sorted me out with next day delivery

• Like 1

Generally you'll only be able to pull it back to about 2deg without elongating the hole or your toe will be out. I didn't bother chopping mine either but I'm running quite low with about 2.5 camber and 0.8 toe/0.4 each side.

If you chop the hole you'll get we'll within specs :)

Each car is different though, so like mine, yours may not come into spec if lowered 30 something mm, or it might be fine without cutting the holes.

Generally you'll only be able to pull it back to about 2deg without elongating the hole or your toe will be out. I didn't bother chopping mine either but I'm running quite low with about 2.5 camber and 0.8 toe/0.4 each side.

If you chop the hole you'll get we'll within specs :)

Each car is different though, so like mine, yours may not come into spec if lowered 30 something mm, or it might be fine without cutting the holes.

Yep I'm running pretty much the same as Kyle here.

2 degrees with around 0.8 toe :thumbs:

If its a problem you can always go back and sort the holes out (doubt you'll need to)