its not the cost, its the not knowing!!

deankenny

So lately ive had a few problems all come at once :(

I have like a sheering metal kind of noise from mid section area under the car, can get worse, or sometimes be subtle, but when its worse its BAD and so loud, people can hear it other side of the street sounds awful, got it to a ramp today, coming from the y pipe apparently, inside, my new y pipe has no flexi on it, its a straight through stillen, so my question is, if you dont have flexi on the y pipe are noises to be expected as the exhaust cant of course flex?

My other issue, from a simple google search has returned some of the most long list of possible problems ever and thats the dreaded SLIP and VDC lights both on. Its always random too, sometimes when i start car up they might decide to come on before i drive, or today for instance i drove for a good hour before they randomly come on, no flooring it or racing, just normal town driving. Ive seen on forums, sensors, brake pads, wheel alignment etcetc could all be the problem all the way down to a simple brake light. I have it booked in for a code check on Thursday hopefully that shows something, and Monday everything is being alligned and tracked etc properly, im praying either of these will fix it.

Checked the exhaust is done up all tight and has gaskets in place?

Went on a ramp today quick inspection shown it was ok, but its going back to who fitted it on thursday, they are going to have a proper look and reseal it, so ill see how that goes, its the vdc and slip light which is annoying me more.

Saying that, someone said a knocking noise, i dont hear knocking however, going over a speed bump at an angle from the rear produces a creaking noise, like a really old door. Is this something your on about

Had it on Carla's zed from the Scorpion.....sounds much like what your describing.