Stolen recovered help

mutley

Yes i am now having trouble!

Damn you all :angry:

Trouble with what?

selling, everyone wants a bloody GT spec!

'fraid so mate. Its always going to be the case, i just hope you bought it relatively cheap. I think most peoples hang ups are with the leather. The other stuff i reckon people wouldn't notice :)

I'd never pay extra for the GT spec :thumbs: the Bose radio is more often than not faulty and has to be replaced and it is cheaper to get a recover job on the seats with some bespoke design
I know, but as i have found, all want leather seats :thumbdown:

You can blame these nonces that knock together these "car buying guides" and programs like Used Car heaven etc.

No doubt Parkers guide ( the one on the shelf near the comics ) tells its readers to "avoid cars without the GT pack at all costs".

PMSL

I love those car buying guides, I mean who are these people !

Most of them sound like they have never sold a car in their life... :yawn:

You can blame these nonces that knock together these "car buying guides" and programs like Used Car heaven etc.

No doubt Parkers guide ( the one on the shelf near the comics ) tells its readers to "avoid cars without the GT pack at all costs".

PMSL

I love those car buying guides, I mean who are these people !

Most of them sound like they have never sold a car in their life... :yawn:

Probably because they haven't.

So are you a Glasses or a Black Cap man Dan?

I use Glass's because thats what the finance companies use, so I know what we can get financed on the car.

If you work off Cap you never buy anything because it's usually a chunk behind Glass's :p

However it takes experience to know which cars are worth book, which cars are behind book and which cars to throw the book away :D

To be honest I know what most cars are worth more or less without looking in a book, but the book keeps you right on stuff your not used to buying.

The best price guide of all is Auto Trader, because if you want to be competitive you need to know what other people are asking for the same car.

I use Glass's because thats what the finance companies use, so I know what we can get financed on the car.

However it takes experience to know which cars are worth book, which cars are behind book and which cars to throw the book away :D

I know exactly what you mean - I had 13 years in car sales before I saw the light. No only kidding :D

Ha ha.

I did 8 years at Perrys before I saw the light and started on my own.

I've always been car mad and this is my dream job. As a child I would play with matchbox cars and buy and sell them using Monopoly money !

If I won the lottery I would just buy more cars :D

so theres no point buying gt then? im currently looking 4 a 350, is that the only difference heated leather seats? an what about a gt4? isnt that worth it either

Think your getting confused :blush:

GT is worth it if like me you can't be arsed with aftermarket ICE, like having leather heated seats and can find a use for cruise control. Personally I wouldn't pay the £2k extra if I was buying new but if I was buying a used one I'd want the highest spec available for my money.

For me to buy a non GT I would have to pay about £500 for a leather retrim and probably about the same for a decent ICE kit and for it to be installed.

If your going to keep it standard, go GT. If your gonna mod it yourself then get a non GT but make sure its cheap as you'll have to sell cheap too.

The GT4 was a limited edition of which all come with the GT pack. the 100 black ones are only different to other MY03's by the extra 20 bhp, rims and slightly different side badge which are barely noticeable. The other 76 has these features plus they were yellow. Therefore, in my opinion, if you want a black one then get a MY06 black one, if you want a yellow one then it has to be a GT4 ;)

:D

EDIT: must be my longest post in months :blush: