Damaged my side skirt!

nowhereboy

What a pain in the arse! I was going to a party on saturday night and due to being super paranoid about leaving my car outside my mates house he told me I could put it in his garage. Once arriving I realised he had failed to mention the road to the garage was stupidly tight and their was a right angle turn to get into his back yard where the garage was.

Not wanting to leave it out the front of the house I gave it a shot getting it in the garage, carefully checking both mirrors I drove really slowly around the tight corner. Then heard that god awful sound of crunching.

Turns out their was a rock hanging out of the side of the wall just below eye level! WTF!!

Its scraped the hell out of my side skirt. Its not out of shape or anything, just scratched badly. Does anyone know of anywhere in the Newcastle area to get it sorted? What about these guys that do body work on your driveway? Are they any good? How much can I expect to pay for this?

I'll put a picture up after work today. Feeling pretty angry, done loads of overtime at work this month to pay for mods and thats not going to happen now!

By the sounds of it, it could of been a lot worse mate (I'm thinking door, rear quarter)

Might be able to pick a skirt up in decent condition for cheaper than the repair cost. Put an ad in the wanted section and take a look on eBay.

I did something similar when I caught the unserside of the skirt of a rock at the exit from my driveway while cutting the corner to tight one dozey Saturday morning. Our local Chips Away guy in Swindon did a pefect job fixing it up for about £120. From what I can recall though, these guys are all franchised and the quality can vary greatly between the operations.

For the repair option take the car down to Graham at 'Car And Bike Magic' in Sunderland and get a quote from them. They did a full frontal respray on mine to get rid of the stone chips and have done jobs for other Zed owners on here too.

• Like 1

For the repair option take the car down to Graham at 'Car And Bike Magic' in Sunderland and get a quote from them. They did a full frontal respray on mine to get rid of the stone chips and have done jobs for other Zed owners on here too.

Cheers Dalos I'll try those first. How much did you pay for the respray? I could do with the front end chips sorted too. I might try and get it all done at once and turn it into something positive!

Cheers Dalos I'll try those first. How much did you pay for the respray? I could do with the front end chips sorted too. I might try and get it all done at once and turn it into something positive!

Let's just say I was very happy with the job I got for the price I paid. I also got a a few other little chips at the same time (like when I ever so slightly caught the edge of the fuel filler with the pump nozzle!!, grrr).

The best thing to do is pop over and ask for a few quotes. Drop my name in (Dale) and the 'ZClub' forum ;) and I'm sure he'll look after you.

You would say that! You lost the entire thing :lol:

Just to top off my bad week Ive just drove out of a petrol station and slowly over a speed bump. The car bottomed out so badly, I was crawling over the bump and misjudged the size of it. The sound was awfull. Nothing seems to have broken but I've yet to have a decent look. One bloody thing after another!